Why Pause Keyword?
Sometimes, keywords don't benefit your account in the way you hoped. Bad keywords may draw in lots of clicks but no conversions, meaning you're spending lots of your budget on searchers who don't convert.
If you see this improvement, it means a keyword has spent a lot of your budget while converting very few. It is performing so poorly that we recommend pausing it completely.
Note: This GIF shows an earlier version of the app in action. New GIFs coming soon!
How does this improvement work?
We check the average CPA of each keyword against the target CPA of its campaign group. If a keyword’s CPA is far above the target, or it’s spent money for no conversions at all, we’ll flag it for pausing.
To help you decide whether you'd like to Pause Keyword or Dismiss this improvement, we'll show you the amount spent on this keyword, the number of conversions generated, it's CPA, and the CPA of its campaign group.
- We check all enabled keywords inside enabled ad groups. These ad groups must be bidding by the Manual CPC strategy.
- Keywords must have at least 3 conversions in the last 60 days to be flagged.
- We'll ignore keywords that have existed for six days or fewer. They need time to mature!
- The CPA of the keyword must be at least 3x worse than the campaign group CPA target to trigger this task.
- If the keyword has no conversions at all, the keyword must have spent 3x your CPA target to trigger this task.
- As for most of our analyses, we'll only consider conversions you specify in your campaign groups. By default, we consider all conversions.